Monday, November 03, 2008

Reunion

This weekend I had the opportunity to go on a retreat with some ladies from a Bible study that I used to attend. Some of the ladies used to attend my church and I hadn't seen them in awhile; others were people that I know that I haven't had a chance to connect with in a long time; and still others I had never met until that day.

It was so wonderful laughing and talking with friends old and new. I had such a great time connecting with everyone. On our last night together, a couple of us started feeling a little wistful. We'd shared a lot of laughter and tears over our few hours together, but we knew we'd have to get back to the real world soon.

As I sat there, I realized that whether or not I saw these ladies again in this life, I would see them in Heaven, and in Heaven we would have all eternity to fellowship. That gave me a peace and comforted me in a strange way. I grew up as a military brat, and even though I have always coped with people coming and going out of my life, it's always hard. I realize that I kind of keep people at a distance because I know sooner or later the relationship is going to change and one of us is going to move to another season in life. That always makes me just a little sad. But this weekend, I saw that in Heaven it's going to be so awesome to spend time with friends and family who have passed on. There is something so wonderful about fellowshiping with other believers. I think the best part is that we'll get to be together with Jesus.

No comments: